Out of disk space

Supasnapper 16:20 21 Jan 04

For the past week or so I have been getting this message popping up, sometimes as frequently as every couple of minutes! 'You have run out of disk space on drive C' After pressing the highlighted button 'Disk cleanup . . ' I am presented with another grey box telling me 'You can use Disk Cleanup to free up to 0.00MB of disk space on G07GB(C:)' after pressing the OK button back to normal, except that some programmes will not run ie; ' Could not start Adobe Photoshop Elements because the volume Windows is using for Virtual Memory does not have enough free space, which could lead to stabiliy problems.' The OS system is Win98SE running on a 4yr old Time PC with a replaced motherboard AMD 1300Mhz. 12Gb HD but it is only about half full. Although after trying some Scandisk operations as recommended by the Win98 Help menu, the right click on the properties shows the piechart of the disk as having just 135Mb free! HELP

Tog 16:25 21 Jan 04

You don't make it clear. Have you run a thorough scandisk?

Supasnapper 16:30 21 Jan 04

yes, I got several messages as it proceeded telling of misplaced clustersand asking if I wanted Scandisk to fix them to which I said yes

Tog 07:15 22 Jan 04

If you have an anti-virus prog, make sure your definitions are up to date and do a thorough scan.

DieSse 09:05 22 Jan 04

Now look in the root of your c drive and delete and files with the name file000N.chk (where N is a number starting with0 and incrementing) - these are the rubbish generated by scandisk fixing your drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…