out box in outlook has two messages stuck in it

M7MAK 11:02 23 Jun 04

in my outlook express i have two messages stuck in the out box i cant open it, it just keeps sending the same thing.how do i get in to delete them. and fix this?

Taff36 13:29 23 Jun 04

I don`t understand what you mean by "I can`t open it" Do you have Outlook Express 6 with the folders in the left hand pane with preview panes to the right? When you say they just keep sending the same thing what do you mean?

What operating system do you have? Windows 9x/ME/2000 or XP

Taff36 15:30 23 Jun 04

By e-mail:

yes outlook express 6 latest one xp home edition ,yes i cant open the outbox folder the last two messages are still in it,and they have allready been sent,they show up in the sent folder but remain as unsent in the outbox,even though they have been sent,if i click on the outbox folder it just seezes up and doesnt open.

Try this - Close Outlook Express. In explorer navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\{YOUR NAME}\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{F96A58C9-9C77-491E-A6E0-FE373539DCCE}OR SOMETHING SIMILAR \Microsoft\Outlook Express then delete OUTBOX.dbx

Reopen OE which will create another outbox.for you and see if it cures the problem. If not post back and someone will give you another suggestion.

Taff36 08:29 24 Jun 04

By e-mail:

i cant find outbox.dbx i have serched every where???

Please post messages on the thread rather than sending personal e-mails. Someone else could have helped you last night. OK here we go ......

START> CONTROL PANEL> FOLDER OPTIONS on the view tab click on the "show hidden files and folders" radio button. Now see if you can find it using the example path I gave you previously. If not, in explorer click on your C drive and then CTRL + F (or FILE> MY COMPUTER> SEARCH)In the search box type *.dbx

That should find it. Post back on this thread how you get on.

M7MAK 12:07 24 Jun 04

tryed that but found nothing would the folder be renamed as mabe something else

Taff36 12:59 24 Jun 04

Outlook Express folders are definately .dbx files. (Outlook Files are .pst) If you have shown hidden files and folders as I told you before go back to the search click advanced and tick the search system folders, search hidden files & Folders and search subfolders. Thet are there somewhere!

M7MAK 09:45 25 Jun 04

yes i showed hidden files & folders,but still no outbox.dbx file was found can i reinstall outlook express and just save my address book,
i could find my sent messages in my out box and mark as unread is all it would allow me to do ,i could not move or delete them.

VoG II 10:30 25 Jun 04

It should be

C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Outbox.dbx

<User> is your name.

The {GUID} bit is the Global Unique Identifier, a long string of characters unique to your PC.

If it isn't there but you can see an Outbox in Outlook Express, there is something very strange going on.

M7MAK 11:48 25 Jun 04

i have looked in that folder it is empty

VoG II 13:41 25 Jun 04

It might be in

C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Graham ® 14:29 25 Jun 04

It's all down to disk space, apparantly.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…