Our New Year resolution

Forum Editor 00:49 04 Jan 03
  Forum Editor 00:49 04 Jan 03

is to delete without comment any threads or posts which contain potentially libellous and/or defamatory comments.

There has been a slight increase in this type of contribution of late - hence this warning. Recently there have been several successful actions against web forums which permitted libellous posts to remain 'on air', and we have no intention of finding ourselves in a similar situation.

Statement A:

"I think that PCA supercomputers Ltd. have treated me very badly, and I have lost faith in their ability to deliver my order."

Is permissable.

Statement B:

"PCA supercomputers are a load of con merchants - don't buy from these cowboys."

Will be deleted without warning or explanation, there will be no right of appeal, and our decision will be final. I'm sorry to adopt such a dictatorial tone - I'm sure you'll all understand the serious nature of this matter.

barryoneoff 00:52 04 Jan 03

a new year revolution?

Djohn 00:58 04 Jan 03

Understood, must admit FE I can't see why this was not done sooner.

northamuk 01:24 04 Jan 03

Go one step further? Delete all the 'I got a virus from a p2p site' might save the 'for and against' arguments.

Paul2002 01:34 04 Jan 03

Can you delete every post which mentions Kazaa?

northamuk 01:36 04 Jan 03

Dunno, why not? It stirs up a hornet's nest almost every time.

DieSse 01:37 04 Jan 03

Wow - don't think I'll buy anyfink from PCA supercomputers Ltd. then - now the FE has slated them.

(Sorry - couldn't resist - the devil made me do it ;-)))

Paul2002 01:37 04 Jan 03

"It stirs up a hornet's nest almost every time"

Yeh, hence the above post ;-)

barryoneoff 02:02 04 Jan 03

The Hornets might sue, why keep bringing them into it?

Lozzy 02:28 04 Jan 03

I agree with Djohn this should have been done a lot sooner.. If people are discontented yes air you views but keep it in lines of sensibility..

Well done FE and Happy New Year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…