Oulook Express Blocked Senders

Woodlane 09:26 13 Nov 07

I have been adding the senders of any spam received to the blocked senders list in Outlook Express. The list had grown to over 200.
All of a sudden they were no longer there, so I assumed that I had mistakenly clicked to delete them. However I now find that this cannot be the reason as the names I add only stay on the list for the day I do it.
Is there an answer to why things have changed and how can I revert to the former position?

Graham. 09:31 13 Nov 07

I think there is a limit to the number of entries in OE folders.

p;3 09:36 13 Nov 07

this may not be the answer you seek but why not use/try mailwasher instead?
click here and it is free
it is very easily programable and you can delete from server any mails you do not want; NOTHING though will stop the spam from being sent to you

you do know NOT to bounce mails nor to click on the ' unsubscribe' tab ?

Woodlane 09:37 13 Nov 07

I had thought that might be the case but now the additions I make only stay on the list for that day. When I open up the following day the list is empty, so the number overall as suggested cannot be the reason. In any case I would expect that some kind of warning would have come up if the list had been approaching a limit.

lotvic 09:54 13 Nov 07

sounds as if the registry key for the OE Blocked Senders has become corrupt
here's how to fix it click here

valskin 16:01 10 Jul 08

I also have probs with spam (who doesn't) Interested in mailwash, but how does it sort the genuine mail from the spam? - Sorry if its obvious!

Woodlane 17:39 10 Jul 08

Since I started this off I have changed my computer and ISP and now use Googlemail. Since I started about 7 months ago I have had no problem with spam (touch wood), which is a relief. Googlemail has identified about four messages as spam which were not, but better safe than sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017