Oulook Express Blocked Senders

Woodlane 09:26 13 Nov 07

I have been adding the senders of any spam received to the blocked senders list in Outlook Express. The list had grown to over 200.
All of a sudden they were no longer there, so I assumed that I had mistakenly clicked to delete them. However I now find that this cannot be the reason as the names I add only stay on the list for the day I do it.
Is there an answer to why things have changed and how can I revert to the former position?

Graham. 09:31 13 Nov 07

I think there is a limit to the number of entries in OE folders.

p;3 09:36 13 Nov 07

this may not be the answer you seek but why not use/try mailwasher instead?
click here and it is free
it is very easily programable and you can delete from server any mails you do not want; NOTHING though will stop the spam from being sent to you

you do know NOT to bounce mails nor to click on the ' unsubscribe' tab ?

Woodlane 09:37 13 Nov 07

I had thought that might be the case but now the additions I make only stay on the list for that day. When I open up the following day the list is empty, so the number overall as suggested cannot be the reason. In any case I would expect that some kind of warning would have come up if the list had been approaching a limit.

lotvic 09:54 13 Nov 07

sounds as if the registry key for the OE Blocked Senders has become corrupt
here's how to fix it click here

valskin 16:01 10 Jul 08

I also have probs with spam (who doesn't) Interested in mailwash, but how does it sort the genuine mail from the spam? - Sorry if its obvious!

Woodlane 17:39 10 Jul 08

Since I started this off I have changed my computer and ISP and now use Googlemail. Since I started about 7 months ago I have had no problem with spam (touch wood), which is a relief. Googlemail has identified about four messages as spam which were not, but better safe than sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…