Oulook does not retain password

LaneFarmHouse 18:40 PM 12 Nov 11

I have recently started running outlook 2002 with windows 7. Each time I open outlook I have to reinsert the password despite having ticked the box for password retention. I have tried looking for the *.pst files in windows 7 but failed. Would I lose all my outlook data if I reinstall outlook over the top of the current installation? Any help would be much appreciated.

Woolwell 21:51 PM 12 Nov 11

This may help MS Support but there are known problems with Outlook 2002 and Vista and W7 and the solution is probably to stop using very out of date software and go for a newer version of Outlook or use Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird instead.

Woolwell 22:58 PM 12 Nov 11

See this Outlook info about Outlook and W7. You will be stuck with the password problem unless you change your e-mail client.

LaneFarmHouse 13:17 PM 13 Nov 11

Thank you for our help. I guess I shal have to try to find the cash to upgrade my software - so expensive. I still cannot find the.pst files in Windows 7. Anyway most grateful for your advice.

Woolwell 14:19 PM 13 Nov 11

See this for location of pst file pst Windows 7

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites