Ouit Query

solly 23:27 30 Oct 03

Hello folks, I have got as far as building a new machine it will have the same OS as the old one and I

want to transfer my Outlook data. I have downloaded the pfbackup.exe and Back up has appeared on t

Outlook file menu and the first dialogue box informs me that backup on a date has been performed. The

options tab opens a box to offer a location for the back up (Personal Folders) in this case to appear in

My Documents. The problem is the I get two Icons -launch and pfbackup but each time I click them

I only get the install programme, no trace of the data and I then have to go back until I only have one

installation. I want to get the inf on a CD . The altenative is a USB to USB transfer but I cannot find

a set up that will transfer Outlook Files. Can any kind person help with this one Why can`t i view my

data by means of the OPEN BACKUP tab on the first dialogue box in Outlook/File/Backup. SOLLY

woodchip 23:32 30 Oct 03

And what is the OS

solly 23:11 31 Oct 03

Gpood Evening Woodchip ! My OS is Win 98 se and
I use Outlook 2000 , according to the burb on the
download site he tool was designed to work with
outlook 2000,2002 & 2003 and later OS`s of which
98 SE is one. All other features of 2000 work very
well with 98 SE Regards SOLLY

Taran 23:32 31 Oct 03

You can export your email account settings from Outlook manually:

Tools, Accounts, click on Export and follow the prompts to save the file.

To import the account to your other machine, move the exported file on floppy to the new PC and:

Tools, Accounts, click on Import and follow the prompts to find the file.

To save all your emails, sent items, contacts and so on all you need to do is copy your .pst file from one machine and either overwrite the .pst file on the new machine or import the contentc of your backed up .pst file into Outlook on the new computer.

You can find out all about it online:

click here

You don't need any third party programs to do this.

Regards

Taran

solly 22:34 05 Nov 03

Thanks for the info Taran , it will be a few days
before I can try it out as I have to fix the Central
heating. Meanwhile ; I had downloaded the new Backup
which did`nt work properly and then 2 wks later on
31/10 Microsoft acked an error and published another
version however the Expoet/Import only offers a floppy but I need to find the way to a CD-R for now
Regards SOLLY

woodchip 23:30 05 Nov 03

Does not the backup allow you to make a backup to the hard drive, so you can copy it to a CDR. Try creating a folder the put the backup in that by browsing to the store folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…