Ouestion on faxing with a PC.

djfree 16:57 26 Feb 03

Hi all,
I am kind of new to all this but was wondering would anyone be able to answer my question.I wanted to know if it is possible to receive a fax through your PC without being connected to the internet.The reason I ask this is because I don't have a broadband connection.If it is possible could you suggest any programs I might look for.I am running a windows ME PC.

Djohn 17:10 26 Feb 03

Yes! Supervoice is a good program, will work as an answering machine as well. J.

Newuser3968 17:14 26 Feb 03

Yes i believe it is possible to recieve faxes when not connected, in fact it's easier than when you are connected, I use a program called Superfax, this program needs to be on to recieve, you will find all info in the readme file that comes with the software contact SuperVoice

Newuser3968 17:16 26 Feb 03

havnt used mine as an answerfone yet.........

Djohn 17:22 26 Feb 03

Newuser3968, Works perfect, just activate program and minimise to task bar, off you go out, and the software will know what type of call it's receiving, Fax/Data/Voice, and will deal with accordingly.

djfree 17:36 26 Feb 03

Thanks everyone for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…