other users on laptop

Jade 14 G 17:16 27 Oct 05

If l leave my L/T in hibernation then close down a long screen comes on saying 'are you sure you want to log off 'as theres other users on this computer and they will lose data' don't know what to do

Splork 17:25 27 Oct 05

Running XP? Do you actually have more than one account on the machine?

ade.h 17:30 27 Oct 05

If no-one else is logged in, then you've probably left your own account running when you hibernated. Log off first, then hibernate from the Welcome screen, and I think that will probably sort it. Hopefully.

ade.h 17:33 27 Oct 05

Actually, having re-read your post; what do you mean by "If l leave my L/T in hibernation then close down...."?
Hibernation is a form of shutdown, in which your Windows session is saved to disk for quick startup. So the PC would already be powered down after hibernation has been selected.

ade.h 18:56 27 Oct 05

If you're selecting standby while logged on, then trying to shut down, I think this would create this problem. Hope that helps.

Jade 14 G 20:56 27 Oct 05

What l was saying was if l leave the laptop for a little while and it is little then go back the screen is halved and on one side the left it says are you sure ect on right side l just have to click my user name and l get straight onto the desk top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…