OTHER EMAIL ADDRESSES

JAR JAR BLINK'S 10:28 07 Feb 03

Hi everybody,on my old pc, i had 3 email addreses, one for me, one for my wife,and one for my sister.Now,a friend of mine set up my new computer,{windows xp},but i only have my emails coming in.So, my question is,what do i do in windows xp, so that my wife and sister get their emails coming in?.

Ben Avery (Work) 10:29 07 Feb 03

What software???

Outlook express, Outlook (Plus which version) etc.

BA

JAR JAR BLINK'S 10:33 07 Feb 03

Ben, outlook express.

beeuuem 12:33 07 Feb 03

If you want privacy for each user you need to set up seperate identities.In Outlook Express
To add a new identity

On the File menu, point to Identities, and then click Add New Identity.
Type the name of the new user.
If you want to include a password for this identity, select the Require a password option, and then enter a password.
Outlook Express asks you if you want to log on as the new user. If you answer yes, you will be prompted for information about your Internet connection. If you answer no, the current user
remains logged on.

You then need to set up the mail account for each idntity while logged into that identity.

To add an e-mail or newsgroup account

You will need the following information from your Internet service provider (ISP) or local area network (LAN) administrator:

For e-mail accounts, you'll need to know the type of e-mail server you use (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP), your account name and password, the name of the incoming e-mail server and, for POP3 and IMAP, the name of an outgoing e-mail server.
For a newsgroup account, you'll need to know the name of the news server you want to connect to and, if required, your account name and password.
On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add.
Select either Mail or News to open the Internet Connection Wizard, and then follow the instructions to establish a connection with an e-mail or news server.
Note

Each user can create multiple e-mail or newsgroup accounts by repeating the procedure above for each

jazzypop 12:44 07 Feb 03

There is absolutely no need to setup separate identities in Outlook Express, if you have separate User Accounts in XP.

If you do, simply login as your wife, open Outlook Express, go to Tools > Accounts > Add , follow the prompts.

Do the same for your sister, having first logged in as her.

This is by far the easiest way in XP. If you do not yet have separate User Accounts, go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Add, and set one up for your sister and your wife - there are many other benefits to multiple user accounts.

beeuuem 13:01 07 Feb 03

jazzypop
You are, of course, perfectly correct about users in XP. That makes much more sense.

JAR JAR BLINK'S 14:48 07 Feb 03

cheer's guy's,i'll get on with it tonight.many thank's--jar jar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…