os upgrade

chaosman 16:10 04 Jan 04

i wish to upgrade os new os is on bootable cdrom but when i change boot up in bios to cdrom nothing changes the m/c boots normally any ideas

Diemmess 16:28 04 Jan 04

Please fill in "the blanks"

Trying to upgrade Windows ?????? to Windows ?????.

The Upgrade CD is truly an upgrade or the full version Yes/No?

chaosman 16:55 04 Jan 04

present os win me upgrade to win xp pro from bootable cdrom i know a full clean install or upgrade is possible if i can get m/c to look for boot info on cdrom rather than ide0 as it does regardless of my changing devices in bios/setup it will not boot to floppy either.i wonder if it is some sort of protection placed by tiny co if so how can i get to normal.thanking you for your help chaosman

gold 47 16:55 04 Jan 04

What OS are you upgrading to??

gold 47 17:00 04 Jan 04

As you had just said it's XP pro boot up as normal
put your XP Pro upgrade in and follow the prompts
you do not have to set the bios up to boot from your CD Rom if it is an upgrade.

chaosman 17:59 04 Jan 04

m/c hangs part way through set up when using this method,iwould like to be able to boot to the floppy drive as this would alow another way to do the job any ideas would be welcombe chaosman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…