OS choice with Dual Boot system

hervius 17:10 21 Jan 03
  hervius 17:10 21 Jan 03

I have a dual boot PC with Win2K on my Primary (bootable) HDD and XP on my Secondary HDD. At boot up I get the equivalent of what I think with an older OS is called the Boot.INI with the choice of which OS I use. As XP is first on the list if I am not on the ball XP loads up rather than Win2K. I want to edit this file so Win2K is on top (boots first without any input from me). Can anybody tell me what this file is called in Win2K and where it is hiding ?

AndySD 17:15 21 Jan 03

Its still called Boot.ini and its on the Primary (bootable) Drive try going Start then Run and type in

C:\boot.ini

LastChip 17:20 21 Jan 03

You can also specify within a W2K consul if it is to be the default boot system.

Less risky than editing the boot.ini file!

If you decide on the former, make sure you back the file up before editing.

bamfiesler 17:20 21 Jan 03

This is a related query:i'd like to do something simlar, but with Win98se as the boot, and XP on a second hdd. Can anyone tell me how to go about this, or point me in direction of relevant article? Thanx.

LastChip 17:44 21 Jan 03

Go to Control Panel; System; Advanced; Startup and Recovery; and select the default start-up system; click OK.

Job done!

« Ravin » 17:52 21 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…