Original OS CD

websurfowen 17:49 05 Feb 07

How do I get the original OS CD for my pc as it never came in the box.

The computer is a Packard Bell ISTART 1379

Slithe 17:55 05 Feb 07

What is the OS? If it's XP (or higher) then chances are you won't. Don't quote me on this, but the last full OEM OS Disk I ever got with a PC was Win 98. Usually you either get a recovery disk (or the option to make one) or a restore portion on your hard drive.

May be wrong, but I think that giving away a full OS CD and code with a new PC was stopped mainly because of MS changing licensing rules as a result of open abuse by this policy.

FreeCell 17:59 05 Feb 07

You may never have received an original OS CD as the files were included on the hard drive and you needed to create a Recovery CDs. Fairly common practice.

For possible purchase of replacement see
click here

(though IStart isn't specifically mentioned)

This site also contains instructions for creating the Recovery CD if you need it.

ed-0 18:13 05 Feb 07

You should have the option to burn your own recovery dvd or cdr's.

Have a look in in start > all programs. Do you have a heading for system recovery or to burn a recovery c\d crerator.

Like click here

websurfowen 18:53 05 Feb 07

Will burning a recovery disk from the packard bell work on another computer such as a dell?

ed-0 19:06 05 Feb 07

" Will burning a recovery disk from the packard bell work on another computer such as a dell? "

No.

woodchip 19:09 05 Feb 07

Hi ed-0

ed-0 21:45 05 Feb 07

Hi woodchip;-)

just popped back on for a quick look.

woodchip 22:44 05 Feb 07

Having a look around now then off to bed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…