Organising thumbnails

davefenton 07:54 24 May 07

How do I put thumbnails in the order I want? In the 'Organise Icons' box there does not appear to be a facility to override the suggested methods so that the pictures can be placed in any order required.

sean-278262 09:33 24 May 07

Can you be a bit more specific. What version of windows do you have. Im assuming Windows Vista, however we get quite a number of requests for other operating systems.

davefenton 13:54 24 May 07

I use Windows XP Home Edition and am working from the My Documents/My Pictures folder

Whaty 14:20 24 May 07

The only way I am aware of is to rename your thumbnails with a prefix, '001', '002', '003', etc. then choose to Arrange Icons By: 'Name'.

When you refresh the folder the thumbnails will be in numerical order.

Terry

davefenton 20:51 24 May 07

Thanks for the tip. I have managed to sort out my photos by renaming but it was a slow process. Surely there is a much simpler and faster way.

bionicle 21:22 24 May 07

Click on 'View', then select 'Arrange icons by', to the right of this you will have a range of options on how you want your thumbnails ordered.

brundle 22:28 24 May 07

Have you tried Picasa? click here

Makes things much easier, Windows Vista has only just caught up

Monoux 10:12 25 May 07

Try click here

I've used this for ages to reaname files. It takes a bit of getting used to but once mastered is great

Guardianangel 21:11 25 May 07

Also, if you go to View and then Choose details, there are a lot more options to tick if needed.

esbe 21:34 25 May 07

I never knew that, thanks for the tip.

cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…