Organising start menu by drag and drop

Malc1000 16:46 28 Aug 03

Please help, I'd like to organise my start menu into better folders (I can't see the fourth column on screen now). I know about "right-click >> Open all users" but is there a way to open a split screen, explorer style, where I can rename folders and drag & drop items?
Thanks
Malc

leo49 18:02 28 Aug 03

Get yourself a free proper twin-pane Explorer which'll make this little job and the rest of your PC usage so much easier.

leo49 18:05 28 Aug 03

Sorry forgot the url

2XExplorer Z1 at:

click here

keith-236785 19:08 28 Aug 03

if you are using any windows upto xp (but not xp) then right click on the bottom bar and choose properties,then the start menu programs tab then advanced, that opens a double pane explorer window where you can move,copy,arrange as you wish your start menu.

if you are using windows XP then right click on the bottom bar, choose properties, select the start menu tab, select Classic start menu, click apply then click customize, again you will get a two pane explorer type window.

rememmber to choose start menu instead of classic start menu to change back.

hope this helps

Barrie_G 19:26 28 Aug 03

I usually just open two windows and drag the programs back and forth between the two.

ie. open all users in one and create a new folder.

open all users again and drag the programs that I want moved into the new folder in the other window.

Malc1000 21:06 28 Aug 03

Appreciated, got it sorted now, many thanks.

Malcolm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…