Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve rejected e-mails

popnoel 00:19 19 Oct 06

I cannot believe that there is no thread concerning Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve customers having outgoing e-mails rejected. I understand that this is because some ISPs using Spamcop will not accept e-mails from Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve. The problem has been around for some time but I only became aware when I changed ISP to Orange. I cannoy now send e-mails to addresses to which I have been successfully sending for over 5 years.

Forum Editor 00:27 19 Oct 06

refuse to accept inbound mail that originates from certain smtp servers. The reason is that the servers in question have been identified as being the point of origin for spam messages.

Orange used to mark suspected spam messages as they transited the smtp server, so they arrived at the destination server carrying a 'SPAM' marker. I don't know if they still do this, but it would account for some failed mail deliveries.

Jak_1 00:47 19 Oct 06

I am with Orange and I have been recieving a spate of spam just recently, unusual for me, and the do carry the 'spam prefix'. I would assume by the same standard that outgoing is the same. All these spam mails are of the could not be delivered variety!

gel 07:02 19 Oct 06

I have 2 email addresses Googlemail and a freeserve address
The freeserve address is receiving numerous messages of the 'could not deliver variety.
The google address noes not.
My ISP is wanadoo
Fortunately my freeserve address is only a back up address
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…