OrangeEDCD72 how to change its settings help plz?

fleur007 16:21 04 Apr 09

My daughter is trying to establish a wifi connection to her Nintendo Ds Lite but gets the message "access points security settings are not supported by the nintendo ds". Support at Nintendo.com says to change my security settings from WPA2 to WEP. I do not have a clue how to do this. She has a Nintendo Wii and gets a WiFi connection on that but wants to get one on her DS.
I also have no idea what the password is i created, I thought it was the security code on the bottom of the router, but in the network connections the ********** is shorter. Please can anyone help?
Thanks
Fleur :)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 04 Apr 09
  fleur007 10:33 05 Apr 09

OMG what a nightmare ive had!!!!! I clicked the link and followed the instructions to change it to WEP then clicked "ok" then lost connection!!!!! I tried everything for hours, then went back to the link you send and scrolled down the rest of the page, that had FURTHER instructions that i did not see :'( I gave in and rang orange, for an hour! trying all their diagnostics but couldnt get a stable connection. the further instruction was to put in a 5 or 6 digit number in "key 1" of course i hadnt seen that! Orange told me id downloaded some software or my wireless adapter was causing the problems! I had downloaded "driver Dectective" and think it done something, i dunno, its removed now. i told them what i had done and they got someone else to ring back. they couldnt help either. this morning ive uninstalled the adapter and reinstalled it, then run the cd that came with the router again, and finally 3 hours later, im connected!!!! by "wireless connection 3" which isnt the same as b4. The "online" light has finally come on the router and im back online. I dont think im gonna bother go change the settings again, im not even sure what they are now! and i dont care, tbh. Thanks for trying to help fruitbat, but i think women and computers just shouldnt mix hehehe
Fleur

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:50 06 Apr 09

What sort of orange router? a Live box?

fleur007 16:47 06 Apr 09

Yep i think its a live box, its a Siemens gigaset SE 572 WLAN dsl. you get it free if you have a orange mobile :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac