Orange webmail problems

johndrew 12:17 PM 07 Nov 12
Answered

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing their webmail?

The problem/fault started yesterday evening - it was fine in the morning - now when I attempt to enter my webmail account using Firefox the 'check your e-mail' login dropdown doesn't appear and I have been unable to gain access through any other route. In IE I get the dropdown login but after entering details I get the message that I'm not online.

All a bit strange - probably an Orange fault.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:47 PM 07 Nov 12

No problems getting in using FF here

Sea Urchin 13:11 PM 07 Nov 12

All OK here - you could try using Mail2Web

See your mail here

catpwss 14:21 PM 07 Nov 12

Sea Urchin

Regarding that link you gave ''http://mail2web.com/''.

Is that link available to any email address,And how secure is it?

Many thanks, Sorry to hijack your posting. dav

Sea Urchin 14:53 PM 07 Nov 12

catpwss

Yes, for virtually any email address - and it is as secure as the web mail site that your mail is hosted on.

spuds 17:06 PM 07 Nov 12

catpwss

I often use that service when my ISP as webmail problems. You can set your own security rating when using the service. You will also have the option on how you want your webmail displayed.

johndrew 14:43 PM 09 Nov 12

I have been in contact with Orange Support but they have been unable to suggest a cause for this sudden change in functionality.

To attempt to diagnose the cause I have: Carried out a full Anti-Virus scan both with my system and online with nothing found. Carried out a full Anti-Malware scan with two separate programs with nothing found. Carried out a HiJackThis scan and submitted the results for analysis with nothing found. Closed all Add-ons in Firefox to ensure there is no conflict. This had no effect. Reinstalled Firefox in case the software was broken. This had no effect. I have tried repeatedly to gain access using IE. Sometimes I can access webmail but it takes several attempts. However, if I get into webmail via IE and then change to Firefox using the button in the lower toolbar I am into webmail in Firefox. This indicates to me that either something in Firefox is blocking the dropdown or there is something incompatible in the Orange web page.

I can access all other areas of Orange and my account that I have always been able to. It appears to be webmail that is affected. I have installed no software between being able to access webmail with Firefox and the problem becoming apparent; i.e. between normal access in the morning and the inability in the evening of the same day.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Woolwell 14:55 PM 09 Nov 12

"using the button in the lower toolbar" - which toolbar? IE8 or 9?

Do you get the "hello, how can Orange help you today?" and all that is below it?

johndrew 11:09 AM 10 Nov 12

Using Firefox, at the Orange webmail page.

Above the two box outs in the main screen and below the black options bar an orange coloured "check your email" box with registration details fails to drop down as it should.

In IE the "check your email" dropdown appears but only links me to my webmail after a number of attempts sometimes.

In my browser in the bottom toolbar I have a small Firefox logo button which switches between Firefox and IE using IE Tab Plus 2.0.0.0.

Woolwell 12:24 PM 10 Nov 12

Works ok for me in Firefox. Do you have any ad-blockers, do not follow trackers installed?

johndrew 15:08 PM 10 Nov 12

Yes, but no changes to any of them between the process working and failing to work. I have also tried with all Add-ons disabled and it still fails to function - even after a full PC restart.

The problem makes no sense to me. If I had installed, uninstalled, updated or modified a process I could understand it more; but for it suddenly not function for no apparent reason ...

I contacted Orange in case they had upgraded something, but as with you they knew of no reason but suggested I update Java and Flash Player in case I was on older versions; my versions are fully up to date as I recognise the security inputs made in updates.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites