An Orange theme - good or bad?

powerless 20:00 18 Nov 03

click here

Does the orange and white work?

It is a theme so none "my Stuff" is on there just yet, just wanted to know if it was a theme to use?

PurplePenny 21:01 18 Nov 03

I don't like orange so I thought that I would hate it - but actually it doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected. It's really quite easy to read.

Penny

Taran 23:11 18 Nov 03

I found it a little harsh, but I'm colourblind so that could account for it.

One point I'd offer that comes from someone who isn't colourblind (my mother). She said that a lot of newcomers to the web may feel a little lost at the very dark underlined text hyperlinks.

I guess we're all so used to seeing variations on the colour blue for our links, but for that very reason she probably has a point.

T

Patr100 23:12 18 Nov 03

It's readable but I am not keen for "hot" colours as backgrounds.

slowhand_1000 23:24 18 Nov 03

The white against orange does read, but it's not my favourite colour though. It seem a little hard on the eyes.

I'm not really sure what I think of it, part of me really likes it but what i think you need to do is get the graphics just right to tie it all together otherwise it could be a little overpowering.

MichelleC 09:30 19 Nov 03

My sense of colour design isn't the best, but maybe a lighter shade of orange. It wasn't easy on my eyes.

Pesala 09:37 19 Nov 03

I’m colour-blind, but I don’t find it hard to read the white or yellow? text. The black? text is a little hard to read. I think I would go for a slightly lighter flesh tone like #FFCC99 to go with your brown banner.

Pesala 09:40 19 Nov 03

If it is too light, the white text won't work, too dark and black text won't work, too colourful and it's a bit overbearing.

Pesala 09:43 19 Nov 03

Both from the websafe palette.

powerless 22:15 19 Nov 03

How you do that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…