Orange search box on Outlook

Tim Root 23:11 22 Nov 06

Please help! This morning an Orange search box appeared in the middle of my Outlook Express screen, from left to right. This is the screen of the one of my email accounts which is provided by Orange. The Outlook buttons (Create mail, Reply, etc) are visible at the top of the screen, but none of the mail folders are visible. Below the Orange Search box, the bottom half of the screen is blank (white). At one point the words "1 new message" appeared below the white area. This was because I had sent an email from my other account, and I was able to see that it had been received by searching under the Find menu.

I tried clicking on the View menu, but there are no options which help there.

The Orange search box has the word "search" on the left, and to the right of this a white area, to the right of this a search button, and then 2 places where you can tick either "web" or "UK sites".

I have another email account (not from Orange) whose Outlook Express screen is normal.

As the Orange email account needs to be "restored" every 90 days, and I had overlooked doing so last weekend as planned, I restored it, but this did not rectify the problem. Therefore I rang Orange technical support and asked them about the problem. Their worker talked me through deleting the old email profile. While doing so, under connections the words Local Area Network appeared under Connections. When he told me what to do to create a new profile, he told me to put "any available" under Connections. However this new profile made no difference, and so the Orange technical support worker said Outlook Express may be corrupted, and should be reinstalled. I don't know if this makes sense given that my other email aco*!@: is working normally. However the Orange worker said he couldn't talk me through reinstalling Outlook Express, so I rang the computer Active Helpline 0906 906 0100. Their worker said the best thing I could do is to ask the advice of the readers of PC Advisor. I would be grateful if you could solve this problem for me.

with many thanks in hope and anticipation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…