Orange Search Box Hijacked Outlook

erasmusmicroman 10:16 14 Jul 06

Hi there

I am quite computer literate but this problem has me stumped. I turned on the computer the other morning and opened Outlook Express to find that I couldn't see any of the mail folders. In fact all I could see was the Outlook buttons at the top followed by an Orange search box and a blank screen. I am unable to change the view in any way. There is just the buttons and a white screen with this Orange search box. When I say orange I mean belonging to the Orange phone company. I thought it was some kind of branding issue but no. I don't have anything to do with Orange and have not installed anything recently that could have caused it to go haywire. I can still send and receive mail but can only view new messages if I search for them and open them from the results box. I have tried reinstalling outlook, checked the registry, run a variety of anti-spyware programs, virus checked and scoured the net for a solution. I have found nothing. Can anyone help? I should also mention that I have tried compacting the inbox too. HELP ME!!!

MAJ 10:24 14 Jul 06

Have you tried going to View > Layout, see what is ticked and unticked? You might see an option for Orange in there, erasmusmicroman. If that doesn't help, have you considered doing a System Restore to a date prior to the problem starting?

erasmusmicroman 15:52 14 Jul 06

Cheers for the quick response. I have tried altering the layout view to no avail. I am trying to avoid a system restore if possible. I did recently update to win xp SP2 but it was working fine for a couple of days after that. I just can see no reason for this problem. Any more suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…