Orange mobile email service not responding

veebeam 10:28 25 May 10

is anybody else having problems accessing their orange email service (not their broadband service)?
Outlook stopped connecting to the pop and smtp servers, and the web access also crashes out after the authentication.
I am surprised nobody else seems to have noticed/complained.
I am not surprised that Orange have not noticed nor fixed this - they normally wait foir customers to tell them their services are down

Seth Haniel 10:58 25 May 10

think we must be the only ones on Orange as I have had a query unanswered for weeks in another forum :(

must be the poorest of suppliers - experience downtime EVERY evening

Woolwell 11:15 25 May 10

I'm with Orange and don't have any downtime and get a reliable service. I can access Orange e-mail too thought my mobile and through Outlook. I regularly downloaded gmail and other e-mails on my phone. I don't use the e-mail account at orange.net though and haven't set it up to receive through Outlook.

Woolwell 11:22 25 May 10

I don't normally look in the Mobile forum.

waterloo2010 19:30 25 May 10

Yes my orange email has stopped working.
The pop3 server does not respond and I can't use web mail either - after logging in the page just times out. I had another sim and that account worked until today - after I phoned orange and was told they have been having problems since the middle of May on certain accounts and expect it will be fixed by June!

Al94 21:18 25 May 10

I too am experiencing frequent outages on Orange email and data services in recent weeks.

Orange Response 15:44 27 May 10

Hi,

We are aware of an ongoing issue affecting access to orange.net accounts for certain customers. The problem has been escalated to our engineers and we are awaiting feedback.

I understand this is causing inconvenience for those affected but please be assured that we are doing all we can to resolve the issue.

Jonathan
Orange Response Team

waterloo2010 11:27 29 May 10

I have had pop3 and web mail access over the last two days.

Muergo 12:44 29 May 10

So it took a complaint in PCA to get Orange to get their act together, I wouldn't bank on it staying that way.

The latest survey report from CA for 126 packages shows DON'T BUY and total scores as follows, lowest first,
AOL31%
Orange 32%
Pipex 36%
Karoo 37%
Supanet 39%

Top Best buys are the following

ZEN 87%
O2 77%
Utility Warehouse 76%
BE 73%
Greenbee 70%

The rest are between 63% and 44%, you will have to look those up on their site.

This is Broadband only and does not take into account phone bundles etc.

Last report for bundles made TalkTalk overall best, this is the bundle I take for £25 ish p.m. ANYTIME/ANYWHERE, (reminds me of a girl I knew!) but we make a lot of overseas and inland calls so it's vastly cheaper, as some females can spend nearly an hour talking to a friend three doors away!

If you have relatives overseas it's cheaper than Skype, but won't send video of course.

click here

veebeam 08:29 01 Jun 10

all is back up and running again
thanks for sorting iy out Orange
and for taking the time to monitor and respond to this thread
- however, having a service like email down for 2 weeks, without even knowing it is broken does not sound like a reliable service.

It still seems very strange to me that Orange.net waits on customers to alert them that their service is broken - and it costs the customers to phone in!!! It seems that this tiny bit of revenue is considered more important to Orange than their perceived reputation - certainly not a customer-centric service IMHO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos