Orange livebox upgrade

Jak_1 19:59 11 May 07

I am currently still using the 512 BB conection that started with freeserve, just over 2 weeks ago I agreed to upgrade to BB Unlimited upto 8 meg + Talk for £8/month less. Livebox arrived after 4 days bur as yet I have not had a confirmation email to say the line has been upgraded. It was suggested to me that I could still install the modem software but when I run the cd and click on the instaltion button it just sends me to a help page!
My system is an Advent athlon 64 3200 with 1.5 gig Ram, Windows XP-Home SP1.
Before I ring Orange helpdesk does anyone have any suggestions re installing the software please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 11 May 07

Plug the cable between the red connection and your LAN socket on the PC,

Power up the livebox
Connect to the live box by putting the address
http: //configuration.adsl (no space afer:)
into IE.

The Livebox configuration pages show the following information:

status of your Broadband connection on the Internet.
your Public IP Address provided by Orange Broadband, when you're connected

By clicking on access to the configuration pages, you'll be able to modify the advanced settings of your Livebox.
You will have to enter the username and password of your Livebox. These are different from your Orange Broadband username and password.

The default username and password for your Livebox are:

username : admin
password : admin

Click on My services
Internet
Enter your username (dont forget the @fs at the end) and password

click on validate

you should now be able to connect to the internet.

Jak_1 20:32 11 May 07

Many thanks. I will have a go at that over the weekend.

buckland 12:44 28 May 07

Last week I received and set up my Orange Livebox having upgraded from the Freeserve/Wanadoo Alcatel.Speedtouch Modem system. All my past e-mails were via Outlook Express but now I have found that some e-mails are arriving via Uotlook Express in the usual way AND someare coming in toi an Roange Webmail In-Box on Internet Explorer. Fortunately I discovered this because I was missing some regular Daily Reports in my Outlook Express In-Box. It also seems that the e-mail address as shown and appearing in the Orange Internet Explorer is "mail@*****" although I know that the Senders (some automatic) would not have used the "mail" prefix when sending to me. Can anyone please suggest how I might rectify this and get all e-mail back to Outlook Express? Many thanks. Buckland

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…