Orange livebox question!

Flak999 19:00 05 Dec 06

I have just signed up for the orange unlimited 8Mg broadband offer. I have been with them since freeserve days and have always been very happy with my connection. My question is this, as I have a zoom pci internal adsl modem which has up until now been delivering my unlimited 2Mg connection what additional benefits (if any) will there be to me using the livebox for my new 8Mg connection? My main reason for changing is the speed increase and secondly the reduction in price from £27.99 a month to £19.99 a month.

I do realise that it is a router and that I can share the connection wirelessly and also make internet phone calls via it, but as I want to do neither of these things and would keep it connected by wire anyway, is there any point using it? Shall I just keep on using my PCI adsl internal modem as before?

What say you all?

Flak999 11:22 06 Dec 06

"bump"

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:49 06 Dec 06

If you don't want wireless or phone stick with your internal modem.

Flak999 17:04 06 Dec 06

I have to admit, that was my inclination. I just wondered whether the livebox would give a better more stable connection than my internal modem/ Cant really see why it would can you?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:06 06 Dec 06

I just wondered whether the livebox would give a better more stable connection

No

Flak999 14:36 07 Dec 06

Okay thanks for your input, I will stick with my internal modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac