Orange Livebox - Phone

avesnes1 21:49 29 Jan 07

Apologies if this is slightly off-topic. I received the Livebox about 4 weeks ago followed by an email to say the free phone service would be activated "shortly". The broadband is working perfectly (touch wood!) but I still haven't been activated after several calls to the Customer Service Helpline spread over the last 3 weeks. This evening, after much moaning , I was put through to a member of the "escalation team". It transpires that Orange have had this problem since before Xmas! .....and there is still no future date for fixing it!! Has anyone else had this problem and have they now been activated?

P.S. I am now awaiting a return call from Orange with hopefully a date for activation but some reason I doubt an early let alone a haapy response.

STREETWORK 21:56 29 Jan 07

Open the livebox configuration

Here you should be able to see if the phone is active.

Go into the Services option and if the phone over internet is not enabled, click change and enable it. Have they given you a phone number? 0845 XXXXXX

avesnes1 22:22 29 Jan 07

STREETWORK,
In the Livebox configuration, the phone is not enabled. As regards the phone number, No other to say it will begin 0845.

STREETWORK 18:16 31 Jan 07

You will now need to contact Orange and tell them that it is not enabled, they should be able to sort it out for you...

avesnes1 18:32 31 Jan 07

STREETWORK
Thanks for your replies but I have spent an estimated hour+ either waiting for or speaking to a Customer Service Advisor. It's now 4 weeks since I received the Livebox and still no date as to when the problem (apparently involving France Telecom) will be fixed!!

moomin troll 18:48 01 Feb 07

Not to steer you away from this great site mate, but there is a whole site dedicated to help people with their orange problems at

click here

I have visited this site myself and was overwhelmed with the help I recieved.

hope this helps
ger

avesnes 08:07 02 Feb 07

ger,
Thanks for the site - I'll take a look at it this evening but I can't help feeling that the root of the problem I've got lies within the Orange organisation and is not fixable at my end of the Livebox.

vitrocmax 22:47 05 Feb 07

Just a thought - when I got my Livebox I ignored the setup CD and just plugged it in (I was already using a Linksys router, so I knew the setup was straightforward)) then configured it just by using the WEP passcode that was on the label. I didn't want to use the CD because I knew it would stuff Orange branding all over OE and IE.

A week later, no phone line and it was not enabled although there was an 0845 number in the config pages.

In the end I put the CD in and by the next day it was all up and running, with a local dialling code. It took me a while to remove all the branding, but it did get me the phone.

avesnes1 13:31 07 Feb 07

The phone has just been enabled by Orange --- 5 weeks to the day from receiving the Livebox. I've lost count of the number of calls that I've made to the Customer Care Helpline. Not once did they call me back as promised. It all seems a bit too sloppy for my liking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…