Orange Livebox Indicator Lights

buckland 13:53 25 May 07

Have just installed Broadband Orange LiveBox. All appears to be working O.K. and awaiting new Telephone Number and PIN. However the second (@) fifth (!) Red lights remain ON permanently even when I turn the PC OFF for the night. Is this correct please and do these lights stay on 24/7? Many thanks. Buckland.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:57 25 May 07

1 Failure light
2 Internet Service light
3 Local LAN Traffic light
4 Telephone light
5 Wireless light

functions of the lights:
1 This light flashes during the startup diagnostics of your Livebox. After this test :
the light is ON if a failure is detected. You should reboot your Livebox by removing the power cable and then replacing it whilst holding down Button 1 (for approx 10 secs) on the back of the Livebox. If this does not resolve the problem, then you will need to call Broadband Customer Support
the light is OFF if your Livebox is functioning correctly

2 This light :
flashes rapidly when your Broadband is not synchronized. This could be because your telephone line has not been enable for Orange Broadband yet. This can take up to 10 days from the point of registration. Alternatively, your filters may not be set up correctly. Alternatively, you may need to check the set up of your broadband filters.
flashes slowly when your Broadband is synchronized but you have not correctly installed your Livebox, eg your username and password haven't been entered correctly
is ON when you have successfully logged into your broadband account

3 When this light is flashing it indicates that data traffic is being passed from your computer to the Livebox, such as when you're surfing the web.

4 This light indicates the state of your Wireless & Talk telephone service.
the light is ON if your IP telephone line is available
the light Flashes if the IP line is in use (eg making or receiving a call)
the light is OFF if the service is not activated

5 This light :
is ON if a Wireless link is available
Flashes if your Livebox is in Pairing/Association mode
is OFF if a Wireless link is not active

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:00 25 May 07

When your Telephone is enabled
lights 2 4 5 will be on all the time your livebox is powered

You can switch it off at mains if you don't want it on when your PC is off but then you couldn't connect irelessly or use the attatched phone.

buckland 16:52 25 May 07

Many thanks to Fruit Bat. I shall sleep soundly tonight knowing that my all night red lights are glowing as they should be. I was concerned because the two green lights on the now discarded old Speedtouch modem went off when the PC was off. Thanks again. Buckland.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now