Orange Livebox - hard + wireless connection

scarman 11:24 30 Oct 09

At present my broadband connection is hard wired from my PC (no wireless card) via my Orange Livebox. I now have a new laptop with wireless capability and wish to create a network at home, with broadband access using both computers while retaining my Orange telephone service. I do not wish to hard wire the laptop into the network.
I have been given a NETGEAR 54Mbps Wireless ADSLFirewall Router with 4 port 10/100Mbps switch DG834G. Is there a way that this be used with my Livebox to achieve what I want?

Pineman100 18:49 30 Oct 09

Your Livebox is a wired and wireless router/modem. So you don't need anything else.

Just leave your old computer connected to it via the ethernet cable, and set up a wireless connection to it from your new laptop.

You should find that the wireless access key is printed on a label on the bottom of the Livebox.

Alternatively, if you prefer to use the Netgear router, set it up for both computers in exactly the same way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…