Orange Livebox

Daiol 19:49 21 May 08

Hi Good day to you all.I have been with orange broadband now for some time before orange it was wanadoo and before that it was called freeserve.I had a phone call from orange today asking me if i wanted a orange live box they told me that i would not have to pay more than i'm paying now which is £17-99p per month he also said that i would be able to make free phone calls through the live box.I have got a router at the momment its a belkin and working fine.Can someone please give me any further info on what they are offering me has anyone got this live box and only paying £17-99p per month i would be gratefull of any help before i make any decisions.Thanks very much.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 21 May 08

I "upgraded" from the £17.99 Anytime package, with the speed touch modem, to the live box 2Gig package at no extra cost and get the free evening and weekend calls on the livebox.

Only did it so I could connect my laptop wirelessly from the garden last summer (Ha Ha).

If you have a BT line then you now get the free evening and weekend calls anyway from BT.
Your belkin router is probably better than the Live box.

The only advantage the livebox would give you is another telephone line (via the BB part of your normal line.

Jak_1 20:54 21 May 08

I have a Livebox on my up 8 meg unlimited package at £19.99/month with free calls to 01 and 02 numbers 7/7 and 100 international destinations 7/7 via the Livebox. The Livebox is fine for me as I only have my tower conected with a hard wire conection. Do not have a lappy so no need for wireless. Installation took just 2 mins using the manual instalation rather than the cd.

PA28 23:44 21 May 08

I replaced my Linksys modem router with a Livebox when I took out Orange's Home Max package (includes line rental). The Livebox was an absolute doddle to get working first time and I find that the range and coverage is far better than my old Linksys box (and a Belkin before it). Very impressed (but about the only thing that I am impressed with regarding Orange!).

PA28 23:45 21 May 08

Watch out though. I'll bet that although you won't pay more, you'll have to enter into a new minimum term contract. Would you be happy with that?

Daiol 19:50 22 May 08

Thankyou all for your thoughts on the orange live box,after reading your replies i think i'll stick to me good old faithful belkin.Thanks all.

Ankermi31 09:20 29 Jun 08

My advice albeit rather late in the day is to contact Orange and tell them you are "thinking of leaving them".

I was on £17.99 but as from 26/6/2008 its down to £12.99 with a 8.0 mg speed.

If you don't ask you won't get and don't be put off with nonsense but remember you "are thinking" not "going to leave".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…