Orange livebox

donatello 16:19 26 May 07

Moved to orange 8mb download and am currently using a Netgear DG834PN router/modem,does anyone know if i can still continue to use this or do i have to install the livebox.Speeds test at moment is coming back as between 1 to 2.1 mb is it possible the netgear is somehow restricting me getting at least somewhere near 8mb.This is connected directly to a pc on explorer 6 on xp Treid running all antivirus software firewall on router is on so is norton firewall,WPA encryption is also on.

Technotiger 16:44 26 May 07

Hi, I don't use Orange myself, but have seen many Orange related problem posts on here fairly recently - type "Orange problems" without the quotes, into the 'Search forum' slot above and see what comes up.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:03 26 May 07

Doesn't matter what router you use if the line is enabled to 8 meg.

I have the livebox and up to 8 meg and I get same as you.
Orange just blame the line

Mikeonfreeserve 18:14 26 May 07

I was with Wanadoo which was has become Orange.

Things were fine until a few days ago; now my connection is so slow it is almost static.

I don't profess to be too savvy about these things but when I open Wireless Network Manager, under the Access Point menu I can see

Wanadoo -662e Security Excellent Quality Medium

Untitled Security No security Quality Low

does this mean thee is an intruder accessing my wireless connection and could it account for my abysmal connection speed?

If so, can I get rid of 'Untitled' ; I can't see any remove box in the WNM window

Totally-braindead 18:25 26 May 07

To my mind it depends on the router, reason I say this is a mate of mine got an upgrade free and a free orange box, he never bothered to install it and just used the router he originally had and the speeds were the same as always.
Last month he fitted the orange box and his chin hit the floor as he was getting at least 3 times what he got before.
Hes been kicking himself ever since as he could have been getting this since day one and he just left the thing in the box for 6 months.
Have no idea what unit he was using before though. Perhaps it was only upto 2 meg that would be a reasonable explanation.

donatello 19:01 26 May 07

not sure what speeds the dg834pn is capable of but its quite new so i would imagine it would do 8 mb,slowest ive had is 834kb fastest 2.1mb measured over several weeks.Exchange is 1.43 kilometers away and even BT say its capable of 8mb.So not sure what to try.PS this all came about after they have been charging me 22.99 for the last 10 months for 2mb speed and a 6gb cap after they forgot to call or e-mail me to tell me my 12 month contract had ended.This was well below what thier top package customers were receiving for 19.99 ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…