orange livebox

Jak_1 17:21 04 May 07

I had the orange livebox delivered a week ago and I am waiting to the final email from orange to say that my adsl line has been activated for upto 8 meg. Question is, can I go ahead and install the software etc for the box or do I wait for the email from orange. Still using my old speedtouch modem and 512 connection from the freeserve days.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 04 May 07

Mine has never got faster.
You will go grey waiting for that e-mail, never got an email when I first went to BB with the speedtouch or when upgraded to livebox.

install the livebox EXACTLY as directed on the video on the CD and connect by wire first DO NOT try to connect by wireless untill the wire version works OK.

laurie53 18:47 04 May 07

I did my first connection (in fact, both - desktop and laptop) wirelessly on the Livebox, when I first got it (from Wanadoo, so a while ago) without any problems.

I only went wired last week, when I fired up a new PC.

Guess I was lucky!

You're right about waiting for comms though. You'll also wait for ever for them to tell you there are improved deals available. You have to keep checking what's on offer.

Jak_1 19:49 04 May 07

Thanks, I will do it this weekend. It will be wired as I don't have a laptop and the modem will sat on top of the pc.

Jak_1 19:51 04 May 07

I suppose I'd better leave the speedtouch software in for a little while though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac