Orange Live Box

i.tech 14:33 11 Aug 06

I have just rec'd an Orange LiveBox and am attempting to connect my laptop wirelessly. I have succesfully connected the desktop (wired) to the livebox and am able to connnect to the internet. The laptop only intermittently detects the Livebox and is never able to connect to it, is states 'acquiring network address' for a few mins then dissapears all together. I have removed all security from the Livebox, the desktop and the Laptop. Both computers are running WinXP. Any ideas?

ade.h 15:42 11 Aug 06

Probably worth stopping the DHCP on the router and the clients and assigning IPs and DNSs manually.

mgmcc 12:25 12 Aug 06

Normally when connecting third-party wireless adapters (i.e. those not supplied by Orange/Wanadoo) to a Livebox, there is a procedure to follow which involves putting the Livebox into "receptive" mode (I don't recall the exact description). It remains in this mode for several minutes to allow you to "Connect" to it, which you do in the normal way by scanning for "Available Wireless Networks", finding and selecting the one which matches your router's SSID (network name) and selecting the option to "Connect" to it. Once connected, the adapter will get its IP address from the router and you should have network and internet access.

Note that there is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

There used to be an article about this on Wanadoo's support web pages, if you could actually find it! The Orange support pages seem even more diabolical than the Wanadoo ones were if that's possible.

i.tech 16:28 12 Aug 06

Thanks for the help guys- eventually got it working buy connecting everything 'wired' and configuring the network then seting it up wirelesly- whether this solved the problem if it was sheer dumb luck I don't know though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac