orange fresserve pay as you email adresses warning

brian54 14:18 05 Sep 07

I have lost at least four years of emails all contact info everything orange has deleted it. I carried my old email adress from freeserve to orange and had been using it on monday morning they deleted everything without telling me. the reason they gave was that a freeserve pay as you go email adreess is only valid for 260 days if you dont phone in and use it they will delete it noboday told me. your views appreciated

tullie 14:22 05 Sep 07

Dident realise that freeseve/orange was a web based client?Dident you keep them in a seperate folder?

Woolwell 14:44 05 Sep 07

Duplicate thread click here

fsmail is web based and I did not think that they had the same limitations as other Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange addresses which do expire, normally after 90 days, if you have a dial up account and you haven't dialed in. I think that they get a cut of the phone call and therefore this pays for the e-mail.

Woolwell 14:54 05 Sep 07

From their terms and conditions for fsmail:
"10.2 You further agree that Orange may immediately terminate your use of the Service if you fail to use the Service at least once during any 90-day period."
You do seem to have used it within 90 days so I wonder if the information that they have given you is correct.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:06 05 Sep 07

The onus is on you to backup any important info....a hard lesson well learned.

G

brian54 15:16 05 Sep 07

this is a broadband account that I am using the email address is being used under the broadband account for the last five years. It was oringinally a freserve some five years ago but I was told I could use it without any problem. This saved me from having change my email address. This was originally backed up with outlook but there were problems with the orange sever software

Woolwell 16:59 05 Sep 07

I am puzzled by your last posting. I have been with Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange for years and have kept my freeserve e-mail address throughout with no problems (apart from the level of spam)and no change of e-mail address. You appear to have 2 e-mail addresses - the one associated with your broadband account and another which is fsmail. If the fsmail address is now blocked then the question is did you access it within the last 90 days? If not it is probably locked or even deleted. The other address should not be blocked or locked. I suggest that you contact Orange again as there is something here that doesn't seem to add up.

Grambo 17:42 05 Sep 07

I have been posting about similar experience. My other half was using payg email adress thru my broadband account. It looked like she was not logging on. Before we had to retrieve or restore her account but that cant be done now. This is affecting many people who have had their accounts deleted

brian54 17:55 05 Sep 07

have a look at this click here there are alot of people with the same problem

Woolwell 18:06 05 Sep 07

See my post of 14:54 about the terms and conditions. The problem is that many do not read them.

Woolwell 20:32 05 Sep 07

brian54 from your e-mail you have an orangehome address and I suspect that this is your broadband account address. You refer to a fslife address which is different to fsmail. fslife is a pop/smtp address and can also be accessed by webmail as can the orangehome address. The crucial question is when did you last access the fslife address by dial-up? If over 90 days then it may well have been closed by Orange. If under 90 days then they should not have done so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…