Orange e-mail sending via Broadband

GABRIELOAKE 13:35 29 Jun 07

Someone somewhere must have worked out how to set up Outlook 2003 (not Outlook Express) to send e-mail via Livebox. I can send/receive via dial-up but can only receive via Broadband. Orange/Wanadoo Tech Help "only support Outlook Express".

Sending via Outlook always comes up with "Send/Receive Error".

A-Nonymous 13:40 29 Jun 07

Probably what it is then, it probably only supports Outlook 2003 then. I use OE and it works fine.

ventanas 14:10 29 Jun 07

There are no problems whatsoever with the Orange Livebox and Outlook 2003. I've been using both for ages.

Check, and double check all your settings, especially those for your account name (it may have the letters fs at the end) and the entries under smtp.

ventanas 16:44 29 Jun 07

Received via email

"so what do you think the smtp settings should be then?"

Please use the forum, not email, for responses.

They could be any one of three, depending on how long you have been with Orange.

smtp.freeserve.co.uk

smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

smtp.orange.co.uk

Mine is wanadoo, and I have no problems.

Try deleting you account altogether and setting up a new one if the current settings are correct.

GABRIELOAKE 11:39 30 Jun 07

I had already tried setting up the account again using pop & smtp settings as recommended for Outlook EXPRESS (as it must do pretty much the same things as Outlook 2003) and I cannot get a test message back. The problem may therefore be with proxy settings, timeouts, any number of other things, and I lack the time to experiment. I was hoping that someone could come up with a "try this - it worked for me" solution.
I have been a Freeserve-Wanadoo-Orange customer and most of the accounts and connection settings have been set up automatically on change-over. Maybe this is the root of the problem.

p;3 11:54 30 Jun 07

try looking at this thread of FE's and maybe contribute to it

click here

and have a rummage in this orange forum

click here

you are by no means alone in your problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…