Orange dial-up pay-as-you-go uninstalling

fredzepp 01:49 15 Nov 06

Hi everyone,
I recently installed Orange dial-up software as a temporary connection while waiting for broadband. Without asking first, it added a search toolbar to the bottom of Outlook Express and the header bar now reads "Outlook Express provided by Orange". I think it may have adversely affected the running of other applications as well. There is no sign of the installed software in Add/Remove programmes and no Uninstall option provided, so can anyone suggest how I might identify & reverse changes that were made or how I get rid of the search bar in Outlook?
cheers

ashdav 02:11 15 Nov 06

try putting the disk in again and see if an uninstall option is offered.Sometimes it is.

ashdav 02:21 15 Nov 06

or - Do you have Ccleaner installed? click here
If you have, got to tools/startup and see if there are any references to Orange and delete them.

beeuuem 02:43 15 Nov 06

Go to click here Download and run the script to remove the branding.

OR To remove ISP branding
Paste the following into the ‘Run' window

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll

then OK

If above does not work try pasting
rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
then OK

If the Orange Search Toolbar is not in Add/Remove you could try downloading it from click here and install it.
Orange Search Toolbar should then appear in Add/Remove programmes allowing you to uninstall it normally.

beeuuem 02:45 15 Nov 06

PS To D/L the unbranding script - right click and 'Save target as '

fredzepp 23:55 15 Nov 06

Thanks for all the suggestions - beeuuem I tried the
unbranding scripts but they didnt seem to work for me. I will try the other things too and report back. Thanks for now.

Stuartli 00:06 16 Nov 06

The unbranding script provided are for Internet Explorer - in Outlook Express it's a Registry hack but I've lost the details..:-(

Stuartli 00:07 16 Nov 06

This should help:

click here

Stuartli 00:09 16 Nov 06

If you have SpywareBlaster you can easily insert your own brand name into Internet Explorer from the Tools section...:-)

For reasons of personal vanity I have my name as the "brand"...

fredzepp 00:29 16 Nov 06

Stuartli, thanks for this - I followed your link then went into regedit and deleted the BodyBarPath entry which was calling up the Orange file and this has cleared it, problem solved cheers.

beeuuem 00:31 16 Nov 06

As I don't have branding I can't test the script although it does say "This Visual Basic Script will remove the "branding" that comes with many 3rd party offerings of Internet Explorer. Examples are the spinning logos, title bar text and etc. Currently, branding for OE is only removed for the "default" Identity in Outlook Express."

You could also try click here which gives a script and the Registry edits to manually remove the branding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…