Orange Broadband Woes

AWARD2001 15:33 25 Apr 07

I have been unable to access the internet on my Orange broadband connection for over a week. This is following work at the exchange to upgrade the line to 8MB - Orange tech support is useless - I have been told that it is a "DSM error" (Should be DNS?). I have tried all the obvious things like resetting router, used XP to repair connection, flush dns cache etc - anyone else have any problems or ideas on how to solve the problem? The BT exchange is in Crouch End, N London. I have 2 laptops and have tried both wireless and wired connection with the same result.

Bogbrain 15:57 25 Apr 07

You probably need to contact BT and get them to do a line check - this is unless you've already done that as you don't mention either way, just where the exchange is.

AWARD2001 16:05 25 Apr 07

Bt have tested the line (voice only) - BT wholesale are responsible for the BB part and won't speak to me, only Orange.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 25 Apr 07

WinSockFix will offer a last resort if your Internet connection is corrupted due to removed or invalid registry entries.

It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.

If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software, Adware or after registry clean-up; and all other ways fail, then give WinSock XP Fix a try.

It can create a registry backup of your current settings, so it is fairly safe to use.

The Winsockfix Utility will:
· Detect your current Operating System
· Release the IP address, taking you "Offline"
· Reset the TCP stack using Netsh.exe (Windows XP only)
· Delete the current Registry TCP and Winsock Values
· Import new "Working" Registry Values
· Backup any Current "Hosts" file
· Replace the "Hosts" file with a default one
· Reboot the Computer

click here

Dipso 21:23 25 Apr 07

If you are on Orange over BT's network you could try click here but this will not work if you are on LLU.

Stuartli 23:21 25 Apr 07

Try this "ISP"..:-)

click here

p;3 23:28 25 Apr 07

you might find rummaging around

click here enlightening and illuminating ::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…