Orange Broadband very slow is this right?

joostin 20:52 06 Jul 07

Hi guys i have a speedtouch 330 modem and have had my vaio tower bang on me in the storms.Tower up and running got a new speedtouch modem exactly the same off mate.I was reaching speeds of 6.6 mbps but since ive got the new modem it peaked at 4.5 as i speak im on 3.7 and its 9pm??.I rang Orange and they said that they are experiencing very slow service cos of weather and phoneline upgrades.Is there anything i can do? i had free upgrade when orange did the new box thing but i prefered speedtouch as my cd to install the wireless box kept crashing..i would appreciate any help to try to get speed back.
Thanks just..novice

Dipso 00:24 07 Jul 07

Is it your connection speed or your actual download speeds that have dropped?

If it's the connection speed then it's likely to be to do with your phone line, if download speed it's likely to be Orange.

ambra4 23:50 07 Jul 07

If your Internet speeds are slow on all connections, or if you suffer from a loss of Internet connectivity, reboot the modem, router and PC for a quick fix. It's not a bad idea to reboot everything occasionally
Follow these steps in sequence:
1. Shut all PCs down.
2. Unplug the router. Wait a minute or two
3. Plug router back in. Wait a minute, until all lights are green
4. Power up the PCs connected to router, and see if you can access the Internet
5. Once the main PC is working fine
6. Power up the other PC’s one at a time
7. Checking each one before powering up the next one

ambra4 01:16 08 Jul 07

Sorry

2 Should Modem and router

3 Should read modem first wait 1-2 min and then the router then power up main pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…