Orange Broadband Home Starter helper

lisalab1 19:31 23 Oct 07

I've just signed up with orange home starter which I have brought a Netgear Wireless Modem ADSL2 instead of their standard wireless modem as I do not have any wireless connection on my laptop.

Should I connect the modem to my laptop or wait for the orange package to be delivered?

Graham. 20:18 23 Oct 07

Don't see why not. You can always change things later.

Jak_1 20:50 23 Oct 07

I take it that your line is activated for Broadband?

lisalab1 22:09 23 Oct 07

Yes my line is activated for broadband as I have the old wanadoo package.

Would I be able to connect my PC to the internet aswell?

Graham. 23:03 23 Oct 07

'The Smart Wizard™ automatically detects your ISP’s network settings, and then walks you through each step of the installation process'

I can't see any reason why you can't set it up and use it right away. You will need to re-configure it when Orange kicks in.

lisalab1 19:52 24 Oct 07

Would I be able to connect a PC in the future which also do not have a wireless connection?

Graham. 20:00 24 Oct 07

Yes. You can connect 4 PCs directly to the router by cable.

ashley1215 20:39 25 Oct 07

you could just wait for the orange starter package to come through, instead of messing things up.....its a great deal better. and what is the rush,,,,, it should be there in a week or so..... cant you wait.

Jak_1 21:26 25 Oct 07

So long as your line is active via Orange was wanadoo was freeserve for broadband and that you are just waiting for the new modem then go ahead and install the odem that you have. There is nothing to stop you having more than one modem installed, you will just need to decide which is to be the default modem when the package arrives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…