Orange Broadband Disconnection

heavymetalkid 23:20 02 Dec 06

Can I update my post of a few days ago, regarding my Orange Broadband regular disconnection? In August, Orange e-mailed all their subscribers, informing them that they would be supplying a much improved, better and, I believe more powerful service. That is about the time that I began to regularly lose my connection.. Friends with more computer savvy than me, tell me that now my USB Modem is unable to cope and needs replacing. Anyone agree or got any opinions?

Dipso 23:39 02 Dec 06

I asked you to provide more info to try and help you click here

I'd agree with your mates though, modem/routers do work better than USB modems.

heavymetalkid 00:02 03 Dec 06

Dipso,profuse apologies I missed your post. Just downloaded it and it went straight to desktop...nothing in tray. Re your instructions, I right clicked but no "Advanced" there at all.

Dipso 00:45 03 Dec 06

Did you unzip and install the program heavymetalkid?

Santa's coming to town how about getting him to bring you a B-Grade router from click here? I got a Speedtouch 585 for £30 delivered and it's been fine and a 30 day warranty for reassurance.

heavymetalkid 00:50 03 Dec 06

Unsure...not an expert....it opened? By the way, Orange are sending me an Ethernet Modem next week. Think this'll do it?

Dipso 00:58 03 Dec 06

Re: Dr Speedtouch...you need to right click on the download and select unzip then double click on the program and it should install.

If they are sending you a ethernet modem that should be an improvement on the USB one. Do you know which?

heavymetalkid 09:22 03 Dec 06

Morning Dipso, I fear I might be trying your patience here. When I click on your link, it downloads to my Desktop...nowhere else. Now, when I right click on that I get a load of options. However, unzip is not one of them-am I missing something? Leaving for work now, back tonight. Gracias amigo.

Dipso 20:43 03 Dec 06

Don't worry, probably me not explaining clearly.

When you right click on the downloaded file do you get the option extract files? If so, select that and it should unzip the files. There should be a file called setup.exe or similar. Double click on that and let the program install.

After it has installed you right click on the icon in the system tray.

heavymetalkid 21:03 03 Dec 06

Greetings Dipso, before I try again may I test you further? I've just tried to download updates for Spywareblaster and I get told it can't connect to Server. Then I tried to load my Windows Defender ant it won't even appear. I get "Failed To Initialise...0x80070002. I can't even find Defender on "Add Or Remove Programs" to uninstall!. Could it be connected to my unzip downloads. Can you advise?

jarani 21:10 03 Dec 06

I am on orange BB and have no difficulty with any disconnections - jarani

Dipso 21:19 03 Dec 06

The problems you are experiencing aren't likely to be to do with the download, expecially as you haven't installed the program yet.

Looks like the error code is more to do with Windows Update click here=

As you're getting another modem, don't go any further with the zip and wait to see what you get with the new hardware.

Post back if things don't improve and I'll be happy to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…