Orange broadband dead slow

Newbolt 15:32 21 Mar 08

For no obvious reason connection speed has slowed right down. No new devices, no new hardware or software.Downloads seem to go in three second bursts with three seconds between them.Elwell speed test indicates v slow ping tests to euro servers and v slow to uk servers. Advice would be much appreciated.

RobCharles1981 15:39 21 Mar 08

Although I'm not an expert in the Broadband area theres a chap who will help his name is Dipso he will be around shortly I guess.

But Sometimes the main cause of Slowness is Faulty Filters ect or maybe Viruses or Spyware what Antivirus or Spyware do you have on your PC at the moment please?

Cheers
Rob

Newbolt 15:44 21 Mar 08

Rob, the bt engineer wired a special socket for the pc a couple of years ago, and told us with that no fiters are needed - sure enough all works well - just very slow all of a sudden.we are running windows defender, ad-aware, spybot, AVG free and zone alarm - all regularly updated and run.

RobCharles1981 15:47 21 Mar 08

Dipso if your out there help his poor chappy!

Jak_1 16:24 21 Mar 08

A BT engineer did that for me also and mine has worked fine for the last 5 years. How do you connect, is via a Livebox? Have you tried ressetting the Livebox/modem?

Newbolt 16:32 21 Mar 08

Jak_1, a livebox it is, and has also worked fine until now. Sorry for the slow response, was trying a system restore, but no better. Have tried disconnecting the livebox and restoring power a few minutes later - no better, but will try again and respond

Newbolt 16:53 21 Mar 08

Still no quicker. Have just downloaded firefox - download speed between 14 and 16 kbps.

Jak_1 16:55 21 Mar 08

May be worth doing a full reset as per the Livebox instructions, if that does not nclear the problem then the fault may be at the server end and a call to Orange Broadband servises may be in order to check things out.

Newbolt 16:57 21 Mar 08

Thanks Jak_1 - will try the reset. Await response to ealier e-mail tp Orange.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos