Orange broadband cut off

heavymetalkid 22:27 16 Jun 06

I'm with Orange-previously Wanadoo. Very occasionally I lose the connection. It's not a regular occurrence but it does happen. I've got dial-up broadband. Can anyone help?

Woolwell 22:55 16 Jun 06

I'm with Orange as it now is. It does happen but infrequently. Depends on many things - quality of your line, distance from telephone exchange, Orange themselves, how many other users in your area are connecting at the same time.

By the way Broadband is not dial-up but I suspect that to connect through the Speedtouch or Livebox you are treating it like dial-up.

If it gets bad contact Orange. Finding their phone numbers on their webiste is really difficult. It is article kb6571. The number you want is 08700102462 - at national rates.

Woolwell 22:56 16 Jun 06

try website instead of webiste

heavymetalkid 23:57 16 Jun 06

Greetings Woolwell and thanks. Actually, even though I said it happens only occasionly,it's cut off four times tonight...never so often before. I was led to believe it was "always on". Yes, I called it dial-up because I still have to connect to it each time I boot up. Do you know if there's any way of by-passing that, so it's always on?

Woolwell 00:09 17 Jun 06

I think that you need to get your line checked. It shouldn't drop that often. I get it about once a fortnight or less.

Never found a satisfactory way of by-passing it until I got a wireless modem/router which is always on.

heavymetalkid 00:58 17 Jun 06

Ah, I need a different modem...I see. Well it's remained on now for more than an hour, so maybe it was an Orange overload problem. Thanks pal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…