Orange Broadband Cancellation

Shutt1e 11:58 07 May 07

Hi
I phoned Orae up yesterday, and we said were payin £20 ect and we are getting 200kb and were not getting anywhere near or around 8 meg, i know you cant get 8 meg but at least 3,
we said can we have our mac code, and they said you wil have to pay £99.95 to cancel our contract, but how can they charge us £99.95 when they didnt even give us what we paid for

thx

spuds 12:17 07 May 07

If you can categorically prove that the service provided is 'not fit for the purpose, then you may well have a claim against Orange, under consumer law. Contact Consumer Direct click here for further advice.

SURVEY 14:17 07 May 07

Are you sure that the contract that you signed did not say 'up to 8meg'? If it did then you may be on sticky ground.

greenlamp 22:39 07 May 07

While contracts do say up to 8MB, I remember reading that the service provided should be, in such a case, at least 512KB. While I can't remember where exactly I read this I think OFCOM where involved. However it would be necessary to have evidence to support this e.g. readings from an internet speedtest site that builds up cumulative test results. As a matter of interest does anyone have a good [not just vaguely adequate] word to say about Orange (I know I haven't)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced