Orange broadband blocks Second Life?

bonga 07:20 14 Sep 10

Just switched to Orange broadband and it logs out of Second Life just a few seconds after opening. Is Orange blocking it on purpose?

Mark5001 08:40 14 Sep 10

click here

Scroll down to "A Fix For DNS Errors" and try it. It seems to have fixed a lot of login errors etc on SL.

bonga 00:20 15 Sep 10

Thanks for the interesting Neil Robinson link but I don't think DNS is the problem. Login works fine but after only a few minutes the SL Lagmeter shows a red Network warning: "Connection ping time is over 600 ms. Possible bad connection or file-sharing app". Then it logs out, even when SL window size is set to small and graphics quality to low.

Changing DNS to the named addresses given in the link for TCP/IPv4 (running Vista) didn't solve it. The addresses are invalid for TCP/IPv6. IPv6 connectivity is "Limited", if that matters?

Looks like Orange may be intentionally blocking SL?

hermes1980 11:48 23 Aug 11

I always have Orange broadband and use Second Life. It's been fine until the past month and a half or so when I started having the exact same issue -- it logs me out after a few minutes. I've tried using various SL viewers, I've contacted Orange (they say my line is fine), run speed tests, even asked BT to do a line test and nothing.

Zak 14:07 23 Aug 11

Try using a proxy server, this solved my problem when trying to access www.voter-reg.com to confirm details for electoral roll for 2011/12

Free Proxy

You can also get extensions for Firefox and Chrome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…