orange broadband

molby5 19:21 21 Oct 07

hi there, wonder if anyone can help

we have orange broadband - with the livebox- i can use my laptop wirelessly with it no problem bt for some reason we cannot connect to the internet with the main PC which has a wired connection to the livebox - orange told us to turn the firewall settings on and off and try connecting both ways - the diagnosis o vista says it cannot be rosolved - that we need to contact service provider but they havent been too helpful

we are running vista and have changed nothing so cannot understand why all of a sudden it has stopped connecting . as i say my laptop connects fine

any ideas?

cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:49 21 Oct 07

are you connected to the red or yellow socket on the livebox?

try swapping them over

Also check here is NOT and exclamation mrk against the ethernet drivers in control panel.

molby5 20:17 21 Oct 07

where do i need to go in control panel to check this please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 21 Oct 07

device manager

molby5 20:23 21 Oct 07

no exclamation mark against it - says it is all working fine.....

molby5 20:28 21 Oct 07

when i go into network and sharing center it says i am connected to the internet but when i open an internet explorer window it saysi am not

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 21 Oct 07

Can you connect to the livebox?

type click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced