Orange Broadband

Kernow999 09:27 18 Nov 06

As an Orange mobile phone user i can get the £5 per month 8mb unlimited download broadband. Does anybody have any experiences or knowledge of Orange Broadband, good or bad, please?

Thanks

glen2409 09:34 18 Nov 06

Hi,

I've been using Orange since June this year and have got the package you mention.

The setup was really easy for the internet. I did have a problem for 3 weeks getting the talk service working but this was resolved. I get 24/7 free landline and Orange calls which is very good and find the quality more than acceptable.

I have just been upgraded to 8mb speed which seems fine. bear in mind that although it's called 'unlimited' there is a 50gb fair usage policy.

Had one connection drop out that i know of which is less thatn I use to get with NTL. The orange livebox lets you connect 6 pcs, 4 wireless and 2 wired. had no problems with that either.

Go for it!

Kernow999 09:36 18 Nov 06

Excellent. Thanks for that.
50 gb is loads though, isn't it? Thats a lot of movies.
I just need to check that my pc is wireless compatible.
Thanks again for your advice

Kernow999 22:54 20 Dec 06

I signed up for the Orange Broadband. Was disconnected from my previous provider one week before my Livebox arrived. When it did arrive it took my 4 hours to get it installed via ethernet. I think that I have done the wireless bit too. My linksys aerial seems to find the livebox but the livebox won't seem to paid up with the aerial.
Any suggestions please?

dougle00 22:19 11 Apr 07

Can you use the internet when you are outside the UK? France for example? and if so what are the costs?

Thanks

p;3 22:31 11 Apr 07

you may need to start your own thread perhaps?

dougle00 22:38 11 Apr 07

Why?

woodchip 22:41 11 Apr 07

As it's good manners not to but in to another thread

p;3 22:47 11 Apr 07

put it this way; I am trying to sus out why a thread from 2006 has been bumped ,with no news regarding the orange problem on it to bump it ,and the new entry bears no resemblance(does it?) to the original threads request

woodchip 22:50 11 Apr 07

Now that's a thought. I never look at the Time Date etc. until you mentioned it

woodchip 22:52 11 Apr 07

don't know why the First thread gives that date, as in helproom it shows as 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…