Orange BBand With BT Home Hub?

Legslip 13:51 22 Oct 13

My pal has an old 'free' Orange Bband connection. He also has an old Netgear router that constantly need resetting. I have a spare BT Home Hub. Does anyone know if it will work OK on his Orange connection?

woodchip 14:15 22 Oct 13

Should do if he changes the settings in the Home Hub Setup Page to his own ISP, That would mean him putting in his account information like User Name and Password

Secret-Squirrel 16:22 22 Oct 13

"I have a spare BT Home Hub. Does anyone know if it will work OK on his Orange connection?"

If your Home Hub came free with an Internet subscription then it probably won't work as it's likely to be "locked" to BT. That means that the router interface will only accept a BT e-mail address and will reject the Orange one.

If however the Home Hub was bought from the BT store then it should work just fine.

You've got nothing to lose by trying to configure it.

Legslip 23:41 24 Oct 13

Thanks good people. I will try over the weekend and report back.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:44 25 Oct 13

I have just unlocked a BT HOME HUB Type 2A to use on Orange (EE) Broadband.

Its not easy but the results were worth it as I now have a faster connection and wireless N instead of the poor connection speeds I was getting from my Netgear DG834GT or Livebox.

Check exactly which Hub it is 1, 2a 2b,3 etc.- as the procedure is different for each one 2a here

Legslip 21:51 26 Oct 13

Well done Fruitbat. I tried a home hub 2 and the latest hub from BT but both failed to initialize. I will follow your guidance for the HH2.

Thanks as always.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…