Up or Downloading files too big to email

Lightman 16:21 PM 06 Feb 13
Answered

I have a situation where I need to contact photographers to ask them to send me copies of their original Camera Raw files, these files are each likely to be anything from 10 - 25 Mb in size and may not be limited to single files (Max 4). As these files are being asked for to prove the (questionable) authenticity of the pictures there is a likelihood that the photographer is going to be reluctant to comply with my request if the task is anything other than simple. Is there a system, besides Dropbox, that I could use to allow the photographer to upload the image/s and me download them that is easy to use, especially as one problem that I am likely to encounter is a lack of English at the other end.

chub_tor 16:54 PM 06 Feb 13

You could sign up for Yousendit Lite Click Here which allows you to send files up to 100Mb. Not used it personally as I use Dropbox.

xox101 19:53 PM 06 Feb 13

Google Drive

chub_tor 08:09 AM 07 Feb 13

For a comparison of various cloud sites and the maximum you can get for free Click Here

Lightman 07:25 AM 09 Feb 13
Answer

From the advice above it seems that Dropbox is as good as any of them. The other problem I thought I might have was that of the uploading instructions at the other end, would they appear on screen in English or in the photographers native language (in this instance Taiwanese). I have emailed Dropbox Support with the question.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone