Options for Notepad

DiddyBoy 22:59 16 Nov 04

Is there any way to set how notepad opens files...

For example, by default, it is set to show just text files... I know you can use the drop-down box to show all files, thats actual one of the things I want to do as default..

The other, is to display all file details instead of just the filename..

Any ideas at all..

Thanks in advance...

Pesala 23:33 16 Nov 04

In the days of Windows 3.1, I used a hack to change the value ".txt" to ".ini" If I remember rightly, I just opened notepad.exe in Wordpad, searched for "txt" and replaced it with "ini" then saved it as noteini.exe - which was fine.

However, that no longer works for some unknown reason. Perhaps you need to use a hex editor to do it.

You could try one of the many notepad replacements like Note Tab Lite (1,796K) click here Powerful Notepad replacement with spell-check, autocorrect, etc. (Direct D/L)

I suspect though that, like me, you prefer the simplicity of Notepad, but just want a few changes.

DiddyBoy 17:43 17 Nov 04

Yes, I do prefer the simplicity of notepad... I mainly use it to write PHP codes, so having to change to view all files is a nusiance....

Oh well, if no one else knows of a way, I suppose I'll have to stay with doing it manually... :-/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…