Options control panel

carper 16:37 16 Feb 06

When I am trying to open attachments on e-mails, a warning panel flashes up to say that there is no programme associated with it, and to adjust options control panel.
Can anyone tell me how to find this please. Thanks in advance Carper

Jak_1 16:46 16 Feb 06

What is the file extension?

VoG II 16:57 16 Feb 06
  carper 15:09 17 Feb 06

Thanks for your replies but I do not have sufficient knowledge of the subject to know what the file path is, and the automated fix suggested by VOG requires a similar path. Any further help please ?? Regards Carper

VoG II 15:43 17 Feb 06

What is the file extension?

carper 15:56 17 Feb 06

Thanks for your replies but I do not know what the file extension should be. Sorry for being so thick. Regards Carper

VoG II 15:57 17 Feb 06

If you save the attachment to your hard drive, will it then open?

carper 16:06 17 Feb 06

Photographs were included in the body of the e-mail but they will not open from the attachments as I am trying to forward one photograph of six. Thanks for your reply Carper

carper 16:11 17 Feb 06

A further thought, there appears to be a reference to Power Point display I have office 2000 which includes power point. When I tried the link to rectify this problem automatically, it still asked for a file extension which I do not know. A panel was displayed to browse and included power point files but neither of these worked and I got the same result "no associated programme" Carper

GroupFC 16:19 17 Feb 06

Try this - right click on the attachment, and select save as and then save to your desktop.

Go to your desktop, and the file should be there.
Right click on the file and select properties. in the window that pops up you should see the file extension (e.g. filename.jpg). If you then pdot that info. here somebody should be able to help you.

terryf 02:20 18 Feb 06

To see filename extensions go to Control Panel>Folder Options Click on the View tab, untick the line 'Hide extensions for known file types' and then when you OK this window and close Control Panel, the file extensions will be shown in Windows Explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac