Options for cheap shipping abroad

siliconbits 12:30 05 Jun 04

Apart from DHL, Fedex, UPS, Parcelforce or Royal Mail, does any one of you know of some convenient, not that expensive service provider (thinking of freight) that can ship around 5Kg to 10Kg to Africa? Thanks

vinnyT 13:19 05 Jun 04

Please don't take offence, but if sending packages to Africa, it is best to rely on the big names. Out of those you have suggested, I would use either DHL, Fedex, or UPS. I say this because you have a greater chance of the package reaching its destination.

Also, if the package is valuable, insure it for its correct value and keep all receipts until you are certain it has been delivered and the contents confirmed as correct. Hope this helps.

vinnyT 13:20 05 Jun 04

Please don't take offence, but if sending packages to Africa, it is best to rely on the big names. Out of those you have suggested, I would use either DHL, Fedex, or UPS. I say this because you have a greater chance of the package reaching its destination.

Also, if the package is valuable, insure it for its correct value and keep all receipts until you are certain it has been delivered and the contents confirmed as correct. Hope this helps.

vinnyT 13:21 05 Jun 04

Also, if the package is valuable, insure it for its correct value and keep all receipts until you are certain it has been delivered and the contents confirmed as correct.

Of course if the contents arn't valuable or important, you could use any old tom, dick or harry firm. Hope this helps.

vinnyT 13:22 05 Jun 04

Sorry for multiple posts, on dialup and didn't seem to be sending.

siliconbits 17:26 05 Jun 04

Problem is that the big names often charge you a leg and an arm, literally more than the price of the item itself.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:16 05 Jun 04

There are very good reasons why you are charged an arm and a leg.

G

spuds 21:54 05 Jun 04

Per vinnyT suggestion, I would second that without hesitation. I have used all three couriers and I have never had a non-delivered item yet.Some of my despatches go to far out the way places. Now Royal Mail and ParcelForce are in a different league as far as I am concerned, at times they cannot seem to get local deliveries right.

siliconbits 22:56 05 Jun 04

Does anyone knows of any freight providers with websites though where you can calculate the price?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…