Optimum Fonts

kumo22 22:56 17 Aug 06

I would appreciate any thoughts as to the best font to use for a body of text.

Thanks
Mike

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:22 17 Aug 06

and also installed on most PCs are Veranda, Tahoma, Arial, and if the site suits it, Comic Sans.

slightlymad 23:25 17 Aug 06

The font that you choose has to be installed on the viewers' systems in order for them to see it. Realistically, this means that you can really only specify a few typefaces — the ones you are fairly certain will be on the viewer's computer. This can be confusing, because you'll see the fonts on your computer, but others won't see them on theirs.

You'd think that choosing fonts common to Windows would be safe enough, but then there's the MAC to consider...

Check this page out click here for fonts that are common to both Windows and Mac.

I use Tahoma or Verdana for body text. Both are sans-serif fonts, considered easier to read in a browser.

kumo22 11:41 18 Aug 06

I'll try the options. I have used arial and it can be easily read it just looks a little "bland".

Mike

slightlymad 15:36 18 Aug 06

Then try Verdana or Tahoma, or "Century Gothic". Note (if you're hand-coding) you must enclose fonts with more than one word in quotes.

Can you tick 'Resolved' for this thread?

Marie

(I'm no gentleman)

Forum Editor 15:46 18 Aug 06

is Verdana. In fact I use nothing else when designing sites for clients.

kumo22 21:17 18 Aug 06

Thanks eveyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…