Optimizing system

micklemouse 10:02 17 Jul 05

Windows XP SP2
Mcafee
Windows Firewall

I recently ran the Registry Mechanic Optimising your System and then found I could not connect to the internet, no way (AOL9.0). At first I had no idea how to solve the problem; AOL simply told me on each attempt that my modem was unable to make a connection and I should check the modem, filters etc. I then thought it may be the Optimising which was to blame and luckily Reg Mechanic gives you to choice to 'Roll Back' to your default system settings. Immmediately my connection kicked and and I was on the internet in no time. Why is this? Could it be something that yet again, AOL has incompatibilites with?

Regards Micklemouse

User-312386 10:11 17 Jul 05

can you not restore the files that Registry Mechanic deleted?

micklemouse 10:19 17 Jul 05

Hi madboy33, you get three performance choices on the main screen of Reg Mechanic, the first button you can choose will run 'Scan your Registry', the second will run 'Optimize your System' and the third will 'Compact your Registry'. It was the optimize which mucked up my internet connection.

I can, yes, restore the registry scan AND the optimize but I just wondered why I couldn't log on after only running an Optimize.

Me clueless!

User-312386 10:26 17 Jul 05

it may have removed some registry files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…